Wednesday, August 3, 2011

These is My Words

I loved loved loved this book. I think it's quite possibly one of the best love stories I have ever read. At first the character's writing style gave me a little bit of a headache so I appreciate that it improved throughout the book. I think what I loved most about it is that I felt like the love overflowed within each character. There was love between the siblings, between the friends, between the lovers and it all felt so real. I never felt like one story was too overdone or it wasn't believable. I'll admit, I cried at the end. I was so sad when he died especially when he was talking to his first daughter. I couldn't imagine being her and saying something like you're not my real dad and then him dying. I would be scarred. I think the ending to that story was my least favorite. She just ran off?? We don't know what really happened to her. Even though the ending was sad I think it was a great ending. I didn't feel like she would die unhappy, I felt like she would die thinking how lucky she was to have been in love so deeply and purely. I loved the storyline of her book and how he kept it all those years in his saddlebag. I really don't have anything bad to say about this book, so I'll let the rest of you say how you felt.

4 comments:

  1. I TRULY loved this book. I could not fall asleep one night cause I wanted to stay up and read it all night long. I love her strong will and confidence and how she wanted the best for her children. She never let anything stop her. I admire her. I LOVED the love story. I could feel the love through the pages and words being said. I liked how she showed the love between so many people, and not just between man and woman. I liked how she showed a strong independent hard working woman NEED a man. Not to take care of her and secure her future but because they needed each other. HOWEVER, I hated the ending. Why do so many great love stories have someone die in the end. Is the author trying hard not to be a "Nicholas Sparks' writer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am writing my comments on my broken iPhone because my computer has a virus! I was so scared that this book wouldn't be good and I am so glad that I LOVED it! What great characters and I truly felt something for each of them. The book changed my feelings on how hard it was to survive in Arizona during this time. I'm so glad it wasn't me! I believe this truly was a love story in so many different and diverse ways. I cried so hard at the end of the book but a part of me still knew this strong women could survive anything. I love a book with a strong female character! Thanks for reading guys! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am way late on this discussion but I just finished 'These Are My Words' yesterday...I loved this novel! When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about reading it. Sarah's experiences were so captivating and real. I appreciate a real story. Her and Jack's story was so beautiful to me and I as well, could just feel the love dripping from each page. Like Janelle, I so appreciate a spicy strong-willed woman still needing a man. They really needed each other. The way Jack loved Sarah was just beautiful to me. I wasn't so upset about the ending. I was bawling through Jack's death and couldn't even read the blurred lines on the pages. But when it came to April leaving I felt confident that she would one day return and like Sarah says, would realize what she chose. It is a part of growing up, having to find our own way. This book I will be buying so I have a copy. One I could read again. LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Just read Janelle's comment that this is also part of a series...Hmmm I am interested in finding out more about it. Thought somewhat hesitant because I loved this one so much I don't want the story too overdone. Though I am curious to see what happens with April, the daughter.

    ReplyDelete